It is my birthday! In honor of me, we have eaten everything possible for the last two days, so we can finally begin our diet tomorrow :0 I just want to document / Each birthday, I try to reflect on the changes that have happened...some good, some not so good. I have found in this years reflections, how unhappy I have become with myself. To be honest, it's probably every woman's feelings, but it is true. I am not the person I use to be. The old me, could multi-task, think of an idea & put it in motion, but now it's like my brain is full of a thousand ideas....and it just gives me a headache! If the old me wanted to exercise, that's what I did. The me now, only THINKS of exercising, while I'm eating my bowl of ice cream @ 10:00 at night. BUT I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will work towards accepting the new me, I will enjoy each & every second with my husband and child, I will get excited about new ideas & not be afraid, I will RESET my priorities. Wow, this makes me tired just thinking about it ...hey, I said I would start tomorrow!
small birthday mini-shoot by "the hubster"- he is learning well...






11 comments:
I for one like the woman you are today. The mind thing is a sign of being a mommy. You think of all the wonderful things you can accomplish while they are asleep, and then when the time comes you just want to sit down and take a deep breath, and eat. You are not thinking for one now, you are thinking for two, and it makes you crazy. But it is all worth it! If I had to do this day over and over and over again, I would because of the great daughter I received from God! Happy Birthday Baby Girl....I am so proud of you!
Happy Birthday Brandy!! You got one sweet MOMMA!! She is so telling the truth!! Once you become a mommy a lot of things change yes at the time you wish the house was cleaner you could get a full nights rest eat a full meal without having to get up 100 times and then getting to eat just as it hits room temp...but things will soon slow and they wont be as needed and you will be so glad that you had a mind full and was so tired and just enjoyed him and your hubby because before you know it you will have days when you think wish Tate was here running around me!!
Opps I meant needy not needed they will always be needed!!
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday once again. I will have to post more later (right now I have Abe and Maddie running wild) I do agree with your Mom and Brandy--things are definitely different when you become a MOMMY!
Happy Birthday to YOU, happy birthday to YOU, happy birthday to YOU-OU, happy birthday to YOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!! I am so glad to hear that I am not the only person that feels like you do! It's so overwhelming being the adult. How did our parents do it so well? I like the person you are today too, and I am so glad that I can call you my friend! Happy birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!! Brand- I hope your day was great and the next year is wonderful. U are a wonderful person that I've known my whole life. U are great just as you are! I see a beautiful, confident mother who has a strong heart for Christ when I look at you. I know its late, but enjoy the rest of your night and know that I thought of you all day today! Love ya!
Oh and PS - tell Dusto nice camera work. maybe we should get some ideas from him!!!
What did you get for your birthday??
happy birthday!!! why do you want to change yourself?! I think you are great the way you are - people only get wiser as they age, not the opposite. you are wise to have learned that eating a bowl of ice cream at 10:00 is a nice thing to do... ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Don't get me started about losing my mind...... we've had this conversation. Thanks for all you've done!!!
Its just the MOMMY you that you are now. I feel the same way, "what happened to who I used to be?" I have noticed that as the boys got older I could get back to doing some of the old things I used to love doing, ofcouse Xander came along and so I am now back to just thinking about things.
Post a Comment