It's amazing where I am when important "little" things hit me. Tonight I go out to get dinner. I pull up to the speaker and give my order, "Rigatoni Romano, Fettucini Alfredo and a Kids Spaghetti". Kids Spaghetti? I can't believe I'm actually ordering a kids meal, for a kid that's mine! It's so unbelievable the small things I take for granted, even after the miracle in my life. Even though, my husbands response is, "he's two now, you can let the momma drama go." I can't. It's such a blessing, even if it takes ordering spaghetti to realize it.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
...and a Kids Spaghetti
It's amazing where I am when important "little" things hit me. Tonight I go out to get dinner. I pull up to the speaker and give my order, "Rigatoni Romano, Fettucini Alfredo and a Kids Spaghetti". Kids Spaghetti? I can't believe I'm actually ordering a kids meal, for a kid that's mine! It's so unbelievable the small things I take for granted, even after the miracle in my life. Even though, my husbands response is, "he's two now, you can let the momma drama go." I can't. It's such a blessing, even if it takes ordering spaghetti to realize it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I think that is sooo sweet. I too think of the smallest things as special moments in our boys lives. I keep thinking that before long Abe won't be in the "under 3" things. No more free buffets and free tickets into things!! haha I know, I know, I am crazy!! Go ahead and laugh, I am!
Wait until the second (or in your case, third, fourth, and fifth!) and you "baby" suddenly looks and acts so grown up. The Momma drama gets intense all over again!
I think we all take the small stuff for granted sometimes but like ordering a kids meal brings us back to what really matters and how blessed we are and how special they are to us. Kids are such blessing and ever day the small things help us to know that!!
Bran, this made me cry....I love my child more than life itself and it's a feeling that every mother shares but sometimes it's much more powerful than others.
Aww... that is sweet. I can't wait to see you pregnant with #2-5 :) Call us when you get home.
Post a Comment